Friday 13 March 2015

Drawing Post #6 - Ah! My Goddess!

Hello!

This is another drawing post! I have a lot to post. Haha!

This particular drawing I adore, it took me a while to draw, however it is a shame I no longer have the original. I regret giving it away.

It is a drawing of one of the characters from Ah! My Goddess. This series is kinda special to me due to reasons which I will not go into.

So here we have the WIP of the pencil!


 
 
Belldandy! Yay! I absolutely love Belldandy from the anime series. I got to this point and didn't want to ruin it. I was worried that drawing the hair was going to be difficult and I'd get frustrated and throw it away

 
WIP2 - By this point, I am glad I didn't throw it away. I was so happy with this I encouraged myself to complete it.
 

Irritatingly enough, I completed it then realised I had some weird smudge on her nose. I still love this regardless! The hair took me ages to do, an hour maybe? Damn that hair!

This is where I got silly. I loved the image so much I scanned it onto my pc and decided to attempt to digitally colour her. Considering I had never coloured anything on a pc before, I was pretty happy with the result.
 
Annoying how the colouring is different on each monitor that I see this on. *sigh* ah well. I carried on and this was the end result.


I am happy with it, I didn't get around to learning how to do shadowing or anything, I was more upset at the fact that her skin is too dark. I didn't realise this until I had completed it.

I had a lot of fun drawing this picture. I do wish I had kept it now. But I still have the digital copy so I cannot complain too much.

I do need to try and practice to do digital colour, it was fun when I was doing it, but frustrated I didn't know enough to make it perfect.

Practice makes perfect! I hope you like this, and I hope you enjoy drawing your favourite characters as much as I do!

Until next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment